The World’s Weirdest Alcoholic Drinks
Alcohol is pretty much guaranteed to make an appearance at almost every single stag and hen do the world over. Whether you sophisticatedly sip on a bottle of bubbly or down an entire barrel of absinthe, there will more-than-likely be some form of alcoholic beverage consumption while celebrating someone’s impending nuptials. And why not!
But other than the beers, wines and spirits that we all know and love, the world has concocted some pretty weird and wonderful alternative tipples for the more adventurous drinker to indulge in. Here are Eventhuse’s top selection of the most unusual booze choices to consider while celebrating your stag or hen in style.
- Scorpion Vodka, UK: You’ve all heard of the Tequila worm right? Well this weird vodka, brewed and bottled in the UK using farm reared scorpions, takes the concept to the next level of weirdness. Each bottle has a real scorpion inside which drinkers can actually eat. (retch)
- Mamma Mia Pizza Beer, USA: Trust the American’s to come up with pizza flavoured beer, and founders Tom and Athena Seefurth who own a home brewery in Illinois, use actual pizza to create this strange beverage, mashing the pizza and then steeping it in the beer like a tea bag. Sounds pretty gross but combining two of man’s favourite things might just be the recipe for stag success!
- Kiss The Devil Chili Pepper Wine, USA: If you like it hot, this one is the one for you. The Devil Chili Pepper Wine is made from real chili peppers and as you can imagine, the result is one hell of a spicy, burn-the-roof-off-the-top-of-your-mouth inducing drink that is definitely not for the faint hearted.
- Bacon Vodka, USA: Why bother with a bacon sarnie and a hair of the dog pint, when you can combine the two ingredients in a shot of bacon vodka. This is another one from our friends across the pond, and if their choice of president is anything to go by, perhaps bacon vodka isn’t such a clever idea after all.
- Baby Mouse Wine, China: Only in China would they think it was a good idea to drown a whole nest of three day old baby mice in moonshine-style rice wine and then let the whole concoction ferment for a year. Supposedly this disgusting sounding drink has multiple health benefits although we find it very hard to see how.
- Sourtoe Cocktail, Canada: As the name suggest, this gag-inducing cocktail comes served with an old severed human toe floating in it. According to the rules, the toe has to touch your lips as you drink and whether you chew it or swallow it is up to your own discretion.
- Smoker’s Cough Shot, USA: This vile looking shot is a revolting sounding mixture of Jägermeister and mayonnaise poured into the glass together to look like the phlegmy substance one might cough up if they smoked too much. How delightful.
- Three-Penis Liquor, China: If baby mice or sour toes weren’t hardcore enough for you, how about trying this delicious sounding liquor containing not one, not two, but three different animal penises. The Chinese (who surprise, surprise, thought this foul drink up) believe the tonic has great benefits for men’s virility – and with its ingredients including seal penis, deer penis and Cantonese dog penis, you’d have to hope it will do something good cos it sure doesn’t sound like a taste sensation!
- Snake Bile Wine, Vietnam: Bile by itself sounds revolting but when you make it snake bile, it’s enough to make you throw up a bit in your own mouth. This delightful “wine” is made by slicing open a cobra, whipping out its gallbladder and squeezing out the bile. This delicious sounding bodily fluid is then mixed with rice wine for that extra alcoholic kick. Bottoms up!
Although Eventhuse doesn’t necessarily recommend trying these weird and wonderful drinks, sometimes a stag and hen party should steer away from the norm and swap in the beer and wine for an interesting round of shots or some fun drinking games for a that extra touch of fun!