Top 10 Things to do in Ayia Napa
It is fast emerging as one of Europe’s best destinations for an absolutely unforgettably wild stag or hen do. So, as the resident expert of how to party hard in Ayia Napa, we are here to help you make the most of your last days of freedom on the nightlife capital of our little island paradise. Here are the top 10 things to do in Ayia Napa.
1. Spend the day partying on Nissi Beach: Nissi Beach is not only hands down one of the most beautiful beaches in Europe, it is also THE beach for the parties on the island. Backed by a row of pumping open air beach bars where hot young party animals drink cocktails out of buckets and dance on tables! A day spent at Nissi Beach is an absolute must for anyone looking for some serious fun in the sun.
2. Dinner at a local tavern: We know, we know – when on the beautiful Mediterranean island of Cyprus eat local fresh fish not meat, but there are a handful of restaurants on the outskirts of Ayia Napa that are the best on the island and offer the traditional meze. The iced beers go down like a treat and the food is excellent for lining the stomach before a big stag or hen night out Napa style.
3. Ayia Napa Pub Crawl: Let’s face it, the beaches are incredible and the weather is perfect, but the real reason you came to Ayia Napa for your stag or hen do abroad is for the crazy, wild, rampant and debauched nightlife. Congratulations – you came to the right place. Napa’s bars are second to none but to make sure you get a taster of as many as possible, take the group on an organised pub crawl.
4. Visit the Sea Caves at Cavo Greko: For an amazing and memorable day out away from the crowds in the town centre, head towards Protaras and swim in the crystal clear waters of the coast of Cavo Greko. There are no actual beaches here but for the more adventurous groups visiting Cyprus, this is one of the best places to swim in the island. A great way to get the area is in a rented buggy or quad bike.
5. Go Bungee Jumping: If you are visiting Ayia Napa, you should really indulge in some high octane adrenalin fuelled activities such as bungee jumping over the town centre. An activity like this is great to set you up pumped with energy ahead of your heavy night out.
6. Cocktails at Sunset at Cliff Bar: Above the stunning Konnos Bay beach, at the Grecian Park hotel, there lies a secret cocktail bar hidden into the cliffs overlooking the bar and the sea beyond. This is a perfect place for a sundowner drink before heading back to the hotel to get ready to hit the town.
7. Party out at Sea: In Ayia Napa the party is definitely not only reserved to land. Take your stag and hen group out on the open waters on one of the party capital’s day time boat parties! The best of the bunch is the Pirate Boat Cruise and for a really glamorous and exclusive private party try renting a yacht and hosting your own!
8. Go Clubbing all Night: Ayia Napa is famous on the international clubbing scene as a European party destination that brings in the big names and keeps the audiences dancing till way past dawn. The best clubs on the strip are Castle Club, Black and White, and Ice. But for after-hours partying head up the hill to River Reggae. It’s always good to book your tables or tickets in advance to guarantee club entry.
9. Have a Full English Breakfast: After a big boozy stag or hen night out in Ayia Napa, the best thing to cure your hangover is a full greasy English breakfast. The best caff in town is Gary’s on the beach road.
10. Do some action sports activities: Napa is not only about the nightlife and the paradise beach scene. There are also some pretty awesome stag and hen activities that can be arranged to ensure your trip is as memorable and unique as they come. Try Drift racing or Scuba Diving parasailing, Fly boarding or under sea walking.