Being a best man is the ultimate bro honour. Your mate has picked you to stand by his side at the alter on the most important day of his life, as well as be his most faithful confidante and personal councillor. Oh, and he’s also entrusted you with the organisation of the team of groomsmen and the all-important stag do. And with all that responsibility on your plate you’d think you’d deserve a pressie, however, custom states that its up to you to gift the groom with something special, personal and sentimental, to send him off into married life. Fret not boys, we’ve got your back! So, without further ado, here are Eventhuse’s top suggestions for memorable gifts for the best man to give the groom.
- Engraved Hip Flask Not only is this stylish and elegant, it also has a personal touch with the engraving, and let’s face it, its highly practical and useful! So, it ticks all the boxes and better yet, it won’t break the bank. BONUS: give it to him on the stag do and he can take it with him on your big stag night out.
- Personalised Cufflinks or Tie Clip With married life on the doorstep, its time for your boy to climb the maturity ladder and get his style on fleek. Out with the buttons and in with the cufflinks – and add a tie clip for extra suave factor! If you’re organised, you can try and get something that matches his wedding outfit and gift them on the big day.
- Printed photo album Did you guys document your epic stag do abroad? Or do you just have endless files of photos of you all together? Get them printed professionally and laid out in a bound album that he can keep forever. BONUS: Get one printed out for all the stags for an added bit of team sentimentality.
- Framed squad picture Can’t be arsed with the whole album thing, but have one stand out image of all of you on tour – stag style? Get it printed and framed with the lads’ signatures around the outside or on the back.
- Leather Wallet/Money Clip or Card Holder You’ll need to go high-end with this one to make it special. Find a sexy, sophisticated and stylish leather money/clip or wallet and have it personalised or just give it to him as it is. You know he’ll use it either way, so it ticks the practicality box straight off the bat.
- Wrist watch If he doesn’t already have one, a proper slick wrist watch is always a welcome addition to any gentleman’s wardrobe. Could come in handy on the stag trip to ensure you’re all on time, and you don’t want him to be late showing up to the alter do you!
- Barbeque Grilling Set in a personalised box For a practical gift with a sense of humour for the foodie grooms out there, a well-crafted, top tier BBQ grilling set is a cool gift that will be appreciated and used. Make it personal by getting his name or initials engraved on the box.
- Silver bottle and wine opener kit This one might be useful on your stag do abroad, when you’re pre-gaming at the apartment or hotel before a night out on the lash. Customise either the tools themselves or present them in a stylish customised case.
- Print some comedy wedding night boxers And lastly for the comedians amongst you, get him a pair of “sexy” undies printed with a suggestive, cheeky or saucy message for the bride. He can secretly wear them under his suit at the wedding and then reveal them to his new wife later in the night. Lucky lady!
We’re sure you’ll have enough there to get the creative inspiration flowing. So now that you’ve got the gift under control, head into our dedicated stag do section to see how we can help you organise the most epic stag do in destinations all across Europe.