How to organize a super cool stag or hen party
So you’ve been chosen to be the best man or maid of honor in a wedding. If you’re the best man you’ve got the heavy responsibility of holding the rings and making sure the groom arrives to the church on time. If you’re the maid of honor you have to make sure everyone gets their bridesmaid dresses, go to the bride’s dress fittings, and find the right jewelry for the bride to wear on her big day. Those are just the least of your responsibilities to the groom and the bride.
You might be a whiz at logistics…but what about organizing the stag/hen party? It’s their last night of freedom and they deserve a send-off that befits the occasion. Here are 7 suggestions that will help make your party one for the ages.
- Do be organized. Chances are you were chosen for this job because the groom or bride trusts you to get things done. Don’t let them down. Make sure people RSVP and show up on time because your job is to ensure that things run smoothly.
- Do pick a great location. It’s all about location, location, location. You can go down to the local any night of the week, but this occasion merits a new and exotic destination. Pack all the guys or girls onto a budget flight and jet off for a relaxing weekend beachside in Cyprus, or live it up in an urban party scene like Budapest. Check out this guide for some ideas and inspiration as to where you should head.
- Do organize some memorable events. Wandering from bar to bar may be de rigueur, but to make your hen or stag party truly memorable organize some activities that stand out from the ordinary stag or hen party fare. If you’re in Prague why not hop on a hovercraft and tear across the terrain. Hen parties should definitely check out our luxury catamaran cruise in Limassol.
- Do make the Hen or Stag stand out from the crowd. No matter how much they protest, it’s their special weekend so make sure they know it. It’s all part of the fun and generally the crazier the outfits, the better. Trust us, the memories of the weekend will outweigh any embarrassment on the night.
- Do pay for the groom and the bride. Split the cost of your party abroad among the entire group but make sure the VIPs go free. It’s a given, but you’d be surprised to know how many people make the mistake of asking the bride or groom-to-be to contribute to their party weekend abroad.
- Do keep the party a surprise. If you’re leaving the country, do your best to keep the destination a secret. Make sure the rest of the group doesn’t blab! The same goes for all of the events and activities that you’ve got planned for the party.
- Do follow the law of all Hen and Stag parties. WHAT HAPPENS ON THE STAG OR HEN DO, STAYS ON THE STAG OR HEN DO. As the best man, or maid of honor, it’s your job to stay on top of the situation and be mindful of any incriminating photos/footage.
- Make sure you’ve got a handy supply of aspirin for the weekend. Someone will probably need some sooner or later.
- Check the weather at the destination for the time of year you’re travelling.
- Make sure to check exchange rates for the destination.
- Set up a Facebook group where everyone can interact and discuss the party arrangements. If you’re trying to keep it a secret from the stag or hen, leave them out of the group until after the party.
- Pack appropriate clothing for the location and any activities organized on the weekend.
- Check baggage allowances of budget flights, and remember that space in the car boot can be an issue.
- If you’re going abroad, make sure everyone’s passports are valid.
- Make sure everyone knows the name and address of their accommodation.
- Keep an eye out for your mates. Alcohol poisoning is not anybody’s idea of a good time.
Follow this guide and the hen or stag party will be one for the ages. Our expert event organizers are here to help answer any and all questions. Get in touch to book your party weekend abroad and don’t forget to check out our special stag and hen party packages. Or create your own custom package tailored for your stag or hen’s preferences.