How to avoid the Brexit from Ruining your Stag/Hen Party
The results are in and the internet is understandably still going nuts over, what some are calling the biggest political decision in the UK’s recent history.
But with the pound back to levels versus the euro last seen in 2012, and the British passport effectively losing all of its worth and power overnight, travelling abroad for a stag or hen do suddenly seems more difficult, than those carefree pre-Brexit days. But it doesn’t have to be. Here at Eventhuse we have come up with a fail-safe guide to help ensure the Brexit doesn’t ruin your big event.
- Plan Ahead: With currency fluctuations going through the roof and the stock market charts looking like a hair-raisingly terrifying roller coaster at Chessington World of Adventures, it’s a very wise idea to plan and book your stag or hen do in advance. This will not only give your fellow stag and hen participants plenty of time to either save or budget for the trip abroad and also will save you from being screwed over by changing exchange rates.
- Book online with a trusted supplier: We’ve all been ripped off on holidays. It happens everywhere regardless of the destination or the nationality of the traveller. Some people are simply opportunists and see a foreigner coming. Now with the pound down and the Brexit causing uncertainty between the United Kingdom and the remaining EU countries, it is better to book with an online supplier who can not only get you prices in your own currency, but will also be able to guarantee numbers that can be trusted.
- Location, location, location: Choosing the destination for your stag and hen do has never been more important, and while travelling to neighbouring European destinations might not be as easy and unrestricted as it once was, that doesn’t mean that UK passport holders won’t be able to get in at all. As holidays will now be more expensive for people travelling with British Pounds, it is imperative to select a destination which will allow you to get more bang for your buck, or more beer for your pound! Think about the budget friendly eastern European destinations such as Prague or Bucharest where the prices are lower and your money will go further.
- Choose your activities wisely: People in United Kingdom are now understandably much more worried about their money and as a result budgets will get tighter and people will become less likely to part ways with their hard earned cash unless it’s really worth it. The solution? Make it worth it. Make sure you choose awesome activities that people will want to and be able to pay for and include an option for opting out of certain activities in case people aren’t up for it.
- Don’t worry, be happy: At the end of the day, the most important piece of advice we can give you stag and hen travellers is just don’t worry. You are abroad, on holiday with your best mates having an epic time, the last thing you need to thing about is the pathetic behaviour of the politicians back home, so dispense of all the negativity, get your party vibes on and go have an epic time!
Need any more reasons why worrying is just not worth the hassle?