Hen Night Ideas
Need some inspiration for your hen night? Top Ten Travel Tips offer 10 quirky suggestions for things to do and places to visit:
1. Without a doubt the most unusual place on earth to be served a cocktail. The Blue Lagoon holds six million litres of geothermal water that originates a mind-boggling 2000 metres below the surface, where freshwater and seawater combine at extreme temperatures. On its way to the surface, the water picks up silica and minerals, before emerging at a soothing 38°C (100°F). Perfect for a relaxing and re-energising bathe that will ensure you are looking fab-u-lous for your big day! You don’t even have to leave the water to order your favourite tipple so you can stay nice and warm even if the temperature is below freezing outside.
2. Cross the border between Spain and Portugal on a hair raising zip wire that travels 720 metres across the Ribeira de Cadavais at speeds of around 50 miles per hour; literally flying back through time, you will go back one hour due to the time difference between the two countries. Limit Zero is the brainchild of David Jarman, an eccentric English millionaire who has lived there for over a decade, it is a memorable, once-in-a lifetime experience.
3. Gather 22 of your favourite girlfriends and take your seats at the table. Fasten your seatbelts as you are about to be hoisted into the air by a crane and raised 100ft into the atmosphere for a gastronomic experience while dangling in mid-air. The chef will create your dinner at a preparation space in the centre of the table while you scream and giggle like teenagers on a roller coaster. This is a moveable feast so you can find Dinner In the Sky in Brussels, Helsinki, Vienna, Riga, Tallinin in Split this summer.
4. Chateau Crestet. A Provencal Castle converted by an award winning architect to create an ultramodern fantasy fit for a Bond villain; or for a group of ladies out to have the time of their lives! The rooftop pool will keep you busy all day and imagine the parties you can have with that conversation pit!
5. Sex In The City anyone? Or how about Shopping In The City? Make like a fashion editor for the day with a shopping tour that will escort you to designer showrooms that are not open to the public and where you will receive wholesale discounts. Carrie would’ve been all over this!
6. Bounce Below. What is it you may ask? An indoor play centre for grown ups? An art installation? A subterranean night club? Or a virtual reality game made real? All of the above would be an accurate description. Carved out of Llechwedd Slate Caverns there are trampoline-like nets hung across two vast chambers with drops below of 180 feet. Lit with techniclolour lights and joined together by walkways and slides this is guaranteed to get everyone in a party mood!
7. EatWith is like Airbnb for food. You get to go and eat like a local in their home, sample delicious food and share the evening with lots of interesting people from far and wide. Our pick of the bunch would be a night with Joel Serra in his Barcelona loft apartment. Reminiscent of a young Jamie Oliver he’ll ensure you girls have a great night!
8. Still looking for thrills? Try the world’s longest toboggan ride, Pradaschier-Churwalden. Over 3 kilometres long with 31 hairpin bends and dropping almost 500 metres along the way this should get everyone’s bllod pumping. Summer or winter, day or night this would make a great hen night experience before heading back to the spa for more soothing treatments.
9. There is nothing more glamorous than a Gatsby-themed party so why not party like Fitzgerald would have done in this Belle Epoque villa on the Cote d’Azur? With staff on hand to cater for your every need, a spa and a Hamam to ensure you get all the relaxation and beauty treatments that you need and a motor boat for poppping off for a picnic with the pool boy…what more could a girl ask?
10. If you’re thinking long haul then the list wouldn’t be complete without Sin City itself; Las Vegas. To add an extra thrill to your trip then stay at the The Golden Nugget where you can slide down a three storey water chute surrounded by a shark tank. I know – only in Vegas, right?