10 Ways to Personalise your Wedding Day
More and more, today’s brides-to-be are adding personal touches to their wedding to ensure their big day is as individual and unique as they are. It doesn’t have to be hard and it doesn’t have to be expensive! If you want to know how to personalise your wedding day, read on for our 10 tips from the Eventhuse team experts.
1. Make personalised wedding invitations and save the date cards that reflect your individual styles and personalities.
2. Have a unifying theme or visual concept that runs through the whole wedding from start to finish. Choose a theme or colour scheme that reflects you as a couple and incorporate it in the decoration, floral arrangements etc.
3. Rather than having the ceremony or party in a typical wedding venue, go for something more customised and quirky that means something to you and shows your character.
4. Do away with old fashioned stuffy wedding rules and traditions and set your own trends. Why should the groom be the one that makes a speech and not the bride? Why not have bridesmen instead of bridesmaids? And who said you have to wear white and your bridesmaids have to wear dresses? Want to wear converse instead of heels – do it!
5. Have a wedding dress made for you instead of buying it off the rack. That way, not only will you have a dress that fits you perfectly but, you’ll also be wearing a one-of-a-kind piece that’s never been worn before by anyone else.
6. Rather than struggling to find wedding bands that suit your characters, why not consider having rings made by an artisan jeweller for a unique piece with extra meaning.
7. Dog lovers? Have your favourite furry four-legged friend carry your rings down the aisle as the ring bearer.
8. Instead of spending shed loads of money on flowers that will just get thrown away at the end of the day, consider going green and decorating the church and venue with your favourite pot plants? Or let your creative juices flow and design your own alternatives!
9. Personalise the place settings at each table with thoughtful touches like photos of each guest instead of written names.
10. Give all your guests wedding favours or little thank you gifts that have meaning or were handmade. You can even give DIY gifts that you’ve made yourselves.
Before you start planning the details of your personalised wedding, you need to think about organising your hen do. Head into our main site and let us inspire you with our awesome selection of destinations and activities.