Your selected activities
Bratislava Stag Do Reviews
Is Bratislava Ideal For Your Stag Do?
All You Need To Know
Bratislava has long been established as a stag tourism mecca but of late it is experiencing something of a come-back on the stag do scene as a less crowded option than some of the other eastern European capitals. The city is culturally rich, with plenty of history and tradition to explore and uncover and once the sun sets, the Slovakian capital buzzes with a diverse nightlife scene to suit any taste. Like hanging out drinking excellent beer in traditional old pubs – Bratislava can deliver the goods, and equally has plenty to offer the more hard-core party animals, with a wealth of exclusive clubs and party venues. Bratislava is ready for you – are you ready for Bratislava?
Currency: Euro (EUR)
Official Language: Slovak
Dialling Code: +421
Emergency Number: 150 – fire and rescue; 155 – emergency medical service; 158 – police.
With the biggest public transport network in all of Slovakia, Bratislava is extremely easy to get around, even with a big group of rowdy lads on tour. Public transport in the capital is divided into two zones, covered by tras, trolleybuses and buses. The first zone lines cover downtown and most of the city and are most likely the ones you will use on your stag do in Bratislava. While buses do cover most of the city, it can often be more convenient and faster to take the tram downtown as they won’t get stuck in traffic. Stag groups can also get a Trolleybuses service to the area above the castle hill.
The weather in Bratislava is pretty mild all year round. Summers are warm and winters are chilly but the temperature and climate is rarely extreme. Located in the north temperate zone Bratislava has a marine west coast climate with no dry season, which means that you might want to pack an umbrella or some waterproof gear as heavy rain can be expected, especially in the winter. But don’t worry boys, Bratislava has four distinct seasons the city itself is of the warmest and driest parts of Slovakia and if you head there in the late spring and summer, you will find pleasant warm weather and high temperatures.
- Explore the Old Town: Bratislava’s charming cobbled Old Town is well worth spending part of your day, if not a full day walking around. Don’t worry stags, the area is chock full of awesome bars, pubs and restaurants, but for the culture vulture, the area is also host to many traditional old buildings, churches, monuments and museums.
- Visit Bratislava Castle: A trip to the Slovakian capital simply wouldn’t be complete without a visit to the iconic Bratislava Castle. You’ll see the huge white building in almost any photograph of the city, so go with the group and get your own stag photos to remember the trip forever.
- Walk or cycle along the Danube: The river Danube flows through the centre of Bratislava and with a well-maintained walking and cycling path, it is makes for a great spot for an afternoon or morning stroll. You can see the impressive city sights from the banks of the river and get a bit of exercise in while you are at it.
- Cross the UFO Bridge: As the world 7th longest suspensions bridge the UFO bridge in central Bratislava is already a unique city landmark but add to that an interestingly shaped observation deck over 95 meters above the ground, with glass windows offering amazing panoramic views of the entire area. Stop of for a beer or a bite to eat to make the trup even more worth your while.
- Hit the corner of Židovská and Beblavého streets: This is where some of the best bars in town can be found, including Elektricka, owned by a famous Slovakian actor, or Vydrica and U čerta two other popular local watering holes in the area.
- Go multi-culti at KC Dunaj: This multi-cultural meeting point, has an amazing line up of live shows, club nights, art exhibitions, theatre shows, social events and theme nights.
- Bridge Swinging: Imagine bungee jumping, but instead of the bouncing back after the fall, you swing in a pendulum motion that guarantees not only safety and comfort but a 25m free-fall adrenalin rush of a lifetime.
- Water Rafting: If there is one team building activity that will see you all work together to battle the rapids, its water rafting. You and your boys in a boat on the water, battling the frothy white rapids to come out the other side with epic stories to tell. What could be better than that!
- WWII Bunkers Shooting: This activity offers the perfect mix of history and culture, with fun and adrenalin – the ideal combo for stag do awesomeness! You and the lads will get to tour an authentic WWII military bunker, learning about the Slovakian role in the war, followed by a round of shooting with a real machine gun – you know what they say; Boys will be boys!
Recommended Food: Bratislavsky rozok – a sweet pastry snack that has a crescent shape; bryndzové halušky – sheep cheese gnocchi;
Local Beers: Zlaty Bazant and Saris
Local Wines: Skovajsa Veltlínske Zelené; Janoušek Rizling Rýnsky; Juraj Zápražný Pinot Gris
Local Spirits: Slivovica distilled from plums; borovicka from juniper berries; jablkovica from apples; hruskovica from pears. Vinovice brandy distilled from grape wine and Tatratea.
Cost of a good meal in a restaurant: €15-20
Cost of a lunchtime snack: €5
Cost of a pint of beer: €1.50
Cost of a bottle of wine: €3-7
Cost of a tram or bus ride: €0.70-0.90
Cost of 3km Taxi ride: €6-7